Vocab Lab Activity
Vocab Lab uses easy words to learn hard vocabulary words. First, you read a mini-story. Then you pick the easy
words that you think go best with the hard word.
- First, read the mini-story. You can adjust text size or listen to it at any speed you like.
- Press Next.
- You will see 2 to 4 blank spaces in the flask. That's how many ingredient words
- When you fill up all the spaces, press Mix! (bottom-right of the screen) to see if you got it right.
‣ Sometimes the ingredient words make a short definition of the word you're learning.
‣ Sometimes the ingredients are descriptions or examples of the word you're learning.
- If one of the ingredient words isn't "easy," you can press to see pictures or a definition.
- The game is over when you solve all the words.
‣ If you finish fifty Vocab Lab words this school year, you'll win the Lab Gremlin: